Boudoir Photography-Top Ten Tips
Want to book a boudoir session of your own but your feeling nervous? So do all our clients and it’s a natural feeling. Click Here to send for a price list and ask our expert questions. Someone will contact you ASAP!
Are you considering booking a boudoir photo shoot in your area? Have you been dying to surprise the man in your life with a sexy boudoir album or video? Wouldn’t it be nice to arm yourself with the top ten tips for boudoir photography before you book your session?
If you said yes to any of these questions you’re not alone. Many women consider booking a sexy boudoir photo shoot with their local photographer. When it comes to actually making the call they have all kinds of questions that go through their minds. Some of our clients tell us they’ve bookmarked our website over five years ago and finally decided to make that call.
We send you a very helpful list of our top ten tips once you book your boudoir photo shoot with us. We want you to be prepared long before you come to our studio. We’d like to share our top ten tips with you. We hope it will helps you feel more at ease before your big day in front of the camera.
Read More Boudoir Photography-Top 10 Tips
10. Bring An Extra Pair Of Stockings. There is nothing worse than having your whole outfit put together and then getting a run in your stockings.
9. Wear loose fitting clothing to the boudoir studio and no watches or socks. This is especially important if your not having makeup and hair done at the studio. Imagine having beautiful boudoir photos but when you look close you see bra strap lines on your shoulders while wearing a strapless corset!
8. Bring your own foundation and lipstick. If you happen to go to a makeup artist who is not quite experienced you could end up looking trashy instead of classy. If you have your own foundation and lipstick you can easily freshen it up for a more natural look.
7. Try on all your outfits a few weeks before coming in for your appointment if possible. You want to put an outfit on and look in the mirror and get that felling of “damn, I look good” so your confidence shows in your boudoir photos.
6. If you have grey roots or you get highlights and foils be sure to get your hair done the week of your boudoir session. A boudoir studio hair stylist cannot touch-up your roots for you. If you don’t it could ruin your photos.
5. Never use tanning lotions, If you feel you need a tan for your boudoir photo shoot, book a tanning bed session a few weeks before your appointment and tan in the nude. Tan lines are usually not flattering and lotions can leave your hands, feet and ankles orange. You’ll have to have all your boudoir pictures in black and white to hide them or pay high retouching fees.
4. Book your appointment date post period. Staining white sheets or having a string hanging out of your sexy panty can be very embarrassing for you. Not to mention bloating!
3. If your a plus size girl or just don’t like your legs, fishnet pantyhose are your friend. They slim everyone’s legs unlike thigh highs which just buckle on your thighs accentuating the problem.
2. Do your research, boudoir photography is not an easy job and it takes an experienced, talented artist with special skills to be able to photograph you for your personal body type. Every body type is different so every boudoir photo shoot should be different as well. Check referrals, read reviews, make sure the owner is photographing you and not a graphic artist that took a boudoir workshop. Read customer testimonials and more. You’ll know the style you like when you see it while viewing online photography galleries and portfolios.
1. Do not drink any alcohol the night preceding your boudoir appointment and no salty foods. You will be dehydrated and your skin will look dry and wrinkled. Salt will retain water and that’s the last thing you want when being photographed in your birthday suit!
Hope this helped and will get you to book that boudoir session you’ve put off for “the perfect time”, there is no perfect time. If your fully prepared than anytime is the perfect time! If you follow these tips and you hire an experienced photographer, they will supply you with these and even more helpful tips.
Now your prepared for a perfect, flawless boudoir photo shoot! Please share this page if it was helpful to you.
Denise E. Adamo
Blog Post: Artistic Images Photography–Boudoir by Elizabeth Orange County, Ventura County, Los Angeles And San Diego-Southern California